From the depths of the house.

The roots of our restaurant extend to the building and our name all the way back to Oulu of the 19th century. In 1882, after the fire of Oulu, Hugo Alexander Neuman, who had already made a name for himself as an architect, designed new buildings for the city, including our beautiful stone building at Rantakatu 4. Hugo, the son of a sea captain, had his roots in Oulu too: he was born here.

TOMMI

Our restaurateur Tommi has been guiding Hugo and its kitchen for over a decade. Tommi’s path to Hugo has taken him through Central Europe and Ireland. Tommi’s food philosophy could be described as a fusion of great ingredients and different cooking methods.